Mitzi Dulan, RD
913.269.1889
home          blog          about mitzi          speaking          media          testimonials          energy store          resources          contact mitzi
 

Monday, March 17

My 2008 Media Tour-blogged

I decided to blog my media tour this year as I often get asked what I do and it can sometimes be a little hard to explain. This year I am doing a 10-city media tour in the country's top 25 media markets. I will be talking about my Fuel Like a Champion DVD www.fuellikeachampion.com in addition to some other great products to fuel your family.

My first stop was Atlanta and I had my interview on Family Net this morning. This is a nationally syndicated show. The rest of my tour is with the local networks. The interview was about 11 minutes which in tv time is forever. Most interviews are between 3-5 minutes. During the tour I spend a lot of time in airports. I like to say that I travel for about 12 days to do about 50 minutes of work on-air. Typically you don't get hair and make-up but I did get make-up this morning. There are certain colors that look best on tv which are usually greens and blues. These aren't my usually colors so when I spot a good tv shirt I usually buy it. So, what did I talk about? The anchor and I discussed how to pick the right whole grains, menu options for families, healthy nutrient-rich drinks for energy. We also discussed a few gluten free options and how to get your kids to drink water. I will write more about these through my upcoming posts.

One of my favorite parts about my 10-city tour is finding fun places to eat in the different cities. I am definitely a foodie. I was fortunate enough to live in San Francisco for 7 years before I had kids and my husband and I got to enjoy the great food the City had to offer. Kansas City is a wonderful place to raise children and buy an affordable home. There are also some very nice restaurants in Kansas City but I don't think anyone would disagree that it ain't no San Francisco!

So, last night I did go to a restaurant in Atlanta called Nan that my friend, Tony Richardson recommended to me. It was delicious. I had a coconut soup with coconut meat and shrimp in it. One of the BEST soups I have ever had. Then had a sea bass with an amazing sauce then I called it a night and headed back to the hotel. I didn't sleep well even though the bed was very cozy.

Tonight I had some sushi here at the hotel in Hartford, Conneticut. Not too good. I will be heading home tomorrow to hang out with my girls until I leave again on Friday to go to spring training with the Royals and then the rest of the cities on the tour. Next stops on tour are Sacramento and San Francisco (WOO HOO!).

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Cheers,
Mitzi
home     |     blog     |     about mitzi     |     speaking     |     media     |     testimonials     |     energy store     |     contact mitzi
Copyright © 1999-2007 Mitzi Dulan. All Rights Reserved. Website Design by LM Designing